Saturday, May 22, 2010

How can I get Microsoft Outlook to autofill the e-mail addresses of people in my contacts?

What can I do to ensure that microsoft outlook "autofills" the e-mail adresses of my contacts 100% of the time? I want it to fill in the name or email address when i start to type either of them. What setting do I need to turn on to get that to happen? And how can I make sure that happens even if i have never sent that contact an e-mail before?

How can I get Microsoft Outlook to autofill the e-mail addresses of people in my contacts?
This is called "autocomplete"


turn it on here:





On the menu click Tools and then click Options.


Click the E-Mail Options button.


Click the Advanced E-mail Options button.


Tick the "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields" box.


Click OK ... until you are back in Outlook.
Reply:As I recall this file that it uses is separate from the contacts in Outlook. It is only based off of the Emails you enter in and send. The more you send the more it creates. I could be wrong on this but I am pretty sure about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive